Monday, October 12, 2009

last few months

Last weekend over conference we made Halloween cookies. It's been a tradition that started with last year and I think will continue. For some reason this is the only picture I took with Thatcher in his little helper apron, but didn't get any after pics. FYI, they were delicious
We went to the fair last month and saw some incredible sights. We didn't ride any rides aside from the giant slide because we would have had to take out a loan to do so. We instead relied on the entertainment that people watching provided us, and there was plenty of variety! We did however splurge on a deep fried snickers bar. Who can live the fair experience to the fullest without one? It was our first time, and our last. I have to say it was quite disappointing. But at least now we know, we no longer have to live in constant wonder.
The little farmers experience for the kids is the best part of the fair, and the cheapest.I think maybe Mat should change occupations and we could become farmers. The boys are hard workers now, I can only assume would be better and stronger with years to come. Could be a lucrative business....especially since we are destined to have all boys.The boys enjoying the fruits of their labor. It was hard work milking that cow, and even harder to make it sanitary and flavor it in time to enjoy before the fair closed for the nightI am in hardly any of these pictures because I happen to always be the one taking them, but I think it works out to everyone's advantage. The boys are much more photogenic and fun to look at

The night ended with a free concert starring Bucky Covington!! You can imagine our excitement, we couldn't believe our luck! Oh wait, who is Bucky Covington? We stayed in our seats for about 20 minutes during the opening acts then left....we left the rest to our imagination

The next few pics are just little tidbits of what we've been up to over the last few months. You'd think it would be easier to blog a little bit every now and then than it is to sum up one big blog....and it probably is. But it all comes down to the fact that I suck at blogging and I think it takes too much time. So updates are not very often, but every once and a while there are some amazing pictures posted of our very fun and eventful lives.....
Fall is the best time to get out the bike trailer. Even though I learned that Thatcher is probably too big for this now, I get an enormous workout and only hear their fighting from a short distance and muffled in the breeze
Thatcher stared soccer again and become slightly more aware how the game is played...that there is a ball involved.... a little more even so, that the object is to kick that ballMat coached a couple of the games and was the one in charge during team pictures. He makes a cute coach, I think!

Real Salt Lake game - company party for my office so it was free, plus and additional $40 in concessions. Before going I thought, wow, $40, we'll never spend that for just the four of us.... one tub of popcorn, two drinks, and some ice cream later, problem solved
Mat helped his mom make these cute treats for our nephews 1st birthday. His mom made the little cupcake hamburgers and Mat made the cookie french fries. I had to post this picture because I thought it turned out so cute...Mat sent me a phone pic of the fries after he was done with them and I thought they were real, forgetting he was making cookies. So fun
In September we had one last outdoor movie in my aunt and uncle's backyard. We were all snuggled up with our blankets and chairs watching Earth. Thatcher however, needed a seat right up front. He does seem to be nice and relaxed....
Mat and I went on a fun date to Trolley Square and saw Marcus perform. His stand up is so funny, my stomach hurt from laughing. He remembered me from high school even though I don't think we ever spoke, but we had to get a picture. We need more date nights I think!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

your kids are precious!! Love all the pictures!
We are moving back to UT the week of Thanksgiving. JD got a job in Park City, but we'll be living in Sandy until we sell our house here. It would be so fun to get together and catch up!
Is Mat a realtor?

The Garners said...

Ummm...so much to say, but it MUST begin with...HOW COMPELETELY AWESOME IS THAT CAKE/COOKIE THINGY? Seriously, that looks awesome.

I think the pictures at the fair are awesome. I'm sorry that the fried Snickers wasn't a hit. Jen and Pete tried a fried Twinkie...I think they really liked it. And I'm so dissappointed that you didn't stick around for Bucky. What's up with that? That's not as bad as when I learned that Patrick sluffed school the day that "The Jets" came to do an assembly. Now that's truly nutty!

Shouldn't you have said something sort of creepy to Marcus and ruined the whole experience? That would have been funny....wait....

Sheri said...

Isn't bucky an old idol reject? Not worth the wait,huh! Looks like your family is fine fine fine and having fun as we would expect!!!Your boys are just so cute.

Chanda said...

Hey, I'm glad you're blogging again. I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda miss Utah.