Sunday, April 25, 2010

The waiting game

Waiting....I'm impatient and hate waiting and want to know everything right this second! Seems like we are waiting on everything right now....waiting on life, to see what happens. Mat has applied to BYU for the MBA program, and we are waiting to see if he gets in. It's been a long process and we still don't know. So that means we have to wait to move. Wait to find out where we can move, and where our life will continue in the next year.
In the mean time I am pregnant and just waiting....waiting to meet this amazing baby that has been kicking me! Waiting to decorate a nursery because I don't know where we will be when the baby is born...even waiting to buy ONE thing that is girly!
Waiting to be thin again and be able to work out, waiting to register Thatcher for school, waiting to plan our Disneyland trip...
I am at a standstill for at least another month and in the mean time will just have to WAIT!

I have been thinking that blogging, as little as I do it, can be something I can keep like a journal to at least remember some of the things that go on in our lives. I think most people will not care about what I have to write so just keep in mind this is what it will be! I just want to state for the record how amazing my husband is. He made my 32nd birthday amazing and I need to jot it down before I forget.

My 32nd birthday...not expecting anything whatsoever because once you get to a certain age, they seem to just be less exciting. Mat made it awesome and I love him. I had to work half the day, which actually ended up being part of the fun. The girls at work decorated my desk with balloons and streamers and bought me a cake and had the whole office sign a card...no easy feat! I had two dozen roses delivered to work from "my boys" that were absolutely beautiful. When I got out to the car, there were more balloons and birthday cards and a cd that said "put me in and push play". On the cd was a variety of birthday songs and then Thatcher's voice came on saying

"hi mom, it's Thatcher. Happy Birthday and I love you. Your boys would like to take you to lunch at one of the following places..."
Then luke's voice came on and said "hey mom, it's your crazy son Luke, I love you and hope you have a great birthday.

Seriously, it might not sound like much, but it totally made me cry, it was so sweet! So I met my boys for lunch for a birthday celebration at five guys. Then that night my mom watched the boys while Mat and I went to cheesecake factory with some of our favorite people! So fun and I was lucky enough to get an awesome rendition of Happy birthday from our friends loud enough for the surrounding patrons to stand up in their seats to get a glimpse.
It was a perfect day. I love my family and my cute friends. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

2 comments:

The Garners said...

That birthday CD is like...the best thing EVER! It makes me a little weepie. And it wasn't even me!

Loved, no, LOVED going to dinner for your B-Day. I hope you have an amazing year...and a nursery to put that cute baby in. And if you don't get on the buying a girlie thing....I'm gonna do it for you!! Love your guts!

Sheri said...

Back to school, welcome to our world!!!!! However, it has been worth it. (I think!) Good luck!