Thursday, June 28, 2007

Geez...Okay, I'll do another post...settle down folks!


At the request of a great majority of the two people who have actually logged on to read this, I have decided to post another blog about the "on-goings" and "happinings" at the newly renovated Allred Household.

So, it's not like I have never been a new father before, but I find myself completely befuddled when it comes to takeing care of a new little baby. I find myself asking stupid questions that I should know the answers to... "how long does it take for the belly button to heal?", "do all newborns sleep this much?", "why can he have just a little peice of my pizza?" You know, simple questions I should know the answer to, but forgot.

But we love having Luke around. He is so fun (when he's awake) and he has such a light that is felt by everyone who holds him. Thatcher has taken on the role of big brother with ease, and only has occasional issues with not being top dog in the pen right now. One such "issue" happened on Wednesday, when April put him in the Playland at Smiths while she went shopping. About minutes later, she heard her name over the intercom at the store, paging her back to Playland. Our son, our perfect little angel had been kicked out of Playland at Smith's for picking on the other kids. I guess he needs to find dominance somewhere, caring not that he embarasses his parents in the process.

But we're having fun with the boys. April is happy being home, and I am back at work trying to make a buck. We're happy and healthy though, and life is good!


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

Mat! I was dying laughing when the pizza question came up because Luke totally gave Naomi a lick of his pizza the other day. I was not happy! She is not even 3 months old! You are like his brotha from anotha motha.

Kantos Kan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kantos Kan said...

Try putting pepsi in a bottle to keep Luke awake. I'm told it worked on me.