Monday, March 17, 2008

HAPPY ST. PATIRICKS DAY !


ST. PATRICKS DAY








Thatcher woke up this morning to find that a leprechaun had turned his breakfast green...











I thought he would be excited, but he was quite perturbed. He didn't appreciate that a leprechaun would break into our house and turn his eggs green, apparently he doesn't like green eggs!




He's funny because he has been so excited about St. Patricks day for a couple of weeks after learing all about it in school... painting shamrocks and looking for gold at the end of the rainbow.



After I explained to him that the eggs still taste the same, they are just green for St. Patricks Day, he decided to try them and said, Hey! I like green eggs! Now he is happy again and insisted that we all wear green for this special holiday.


So here are the boys decked out in green

We will be keeping a lookout for leprechauns while on our excursions today


9 comments:

The Garners said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! An update from my favorite blogger! I just have one question for Thatcher...would you like them in a box, would you like them with a fox?

The leprechaun turned our milk green, and Will was amused but in no way would even consider consuming green milk. And frankly, it did look a bit unappetizing! So it became more of a spectacle and less of a beverage.

I also must mention that (a while ago, I know it's been there a while) Patrick and I laughed our butts off at the Thatcher quotes on the side! They rock!

You asked about my bum...it's a long, long, long story. And Patrick and I think we should discuss it over dinner one night. (Seriously the other night we wanted to go to dinner with someone fun, and I was like, "how exactly do we call Jaron and Christina and ask for April's phone number?") So, consider it. Sometime in the near future we should head out for a bite!

I'm glad you guys are feeling better...and updating your blog. Yipee!

Becky, yep said...

I made green pancakes but had no such luck getting my boys to eat them! So I cracked open a box of Lucky Charms I bought just for the occasion.

Hope you had a happy one!

The Gatherum Family said...

How funny. I didn't dare come out with the green food coloring. I tried "pink" at Valentines and the kids weren't too keen on the idea. Glad to see a new post!

The Gatherum Family said...

How fun-you guys will have a blast. We leave in 2 weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait, except I wish I wasn't going all big and pregnant, but what do you do? I plan to lounge and relax by the pool ALL day and catch up on some sleep and reading :)

Chanda said...

Doh! I completely forgot it was St. Patty's Day till Morg came home and pinched my bum. Next year . . . I love the Thatcher quotes, cute little smarty pants.

Chrissy said...

Oh man, look at that face! Haha, Thatcher is a crack up!

Blondie said...

That is hilarious, his reaction to the green breakfast!! Love It! You are so fun! I hope you had fun in CA.

Queen of the Universe aka Steph said...

Hilarious! I will have to do something fun for St. Patty next year. You are on my blog now...
Let's get together, we could have a lot of fu-un.

Mike Flegal said...

Nice blog there kiddles.. Mine i none so fancy its true.. but what dya do?
Love that you fed your kids green food.. my mother would do that to us every year.. green oatmeal, green pancakes, ps.. green bacon is just gross so dont go there..
xo
mikie f