Monday, February 25, 2008

I have forgotten what life feels like in the world outside of our house and the illness that it contains. Out of the past 7 days, I have been out of the house twice, and both times it was to take a sick kid to the doctor.




This is what my dresser looks like with all of the medications piled up that I have had use for over the week to try and alleviate some of the symptoms of my sick boys.








Sad little Luke after going to the doctor on Saturday, having caught the eye infection from Thatcher as well as an ear infection and cough... it was hearbreaking.








We had to keep track of all the medications we were giving and the different dosing schedules, so here is how my week went...








We went through a TON of this!!
I was able to get out for a run on Saturday afternoon thanks to my mom watching the kids for a little while. Thanks mom. That helped relieve some stress.
Thankfully today both boys have a regular temperature and Thatcher will probably be going to school tomorrow.
I am looking forward to getting out more these next few days!
Hope you all had a better week...

9 comments:

The Garners said...

So, so sad! I'm on my way to take Millie to the Dr. today. We think she has an ear infection. My question is...Where the crud is spring? Without it, we're doomed to indoor germ infestation and spreading.

Oh, the soup was a bit dissapointing, I liked youre joke a lot better...perhaps you should contact Joel and try to get on staff!

Whitney said...

That picture of Luke is so sad! I love that he is still smiling even though he is sick! He's such a happy boy. I hope they both start feeling better!

Blondie said...

Oh April and Mat, the pics say it all! Take care and know I'm feeling your pain.

Chanda said...

I'm so sorry Aperil! Poor little boys and poor momma!

The Gatherum Family said...

I hope you guys are feeling better. We have been SOOOO lucky this winter to have not had any sickness. Knock on wood for it to continue!

Chrissy said...

I just hate it when little ones are sick. Luke looks too cute in the picture even with an infection in his poor eye!

Becky, yep said...

That is exactly what my dresser looks like. My little 6 mo old has RSV and it is killing me to see her so sick!
CAN'T waid for this sickie season to be OVER!

Brooke Bowen said...

How miserable! I hope your weekend was better and that your cake turned out "better than sex"!

Anonymous said...

so sorry you've all been sick! I feel your pain. We have been through an ear infection, sinus infection, the flu, and strep throat over here this year so far. This is the worst it's ever been. Hope everyone is back to normal soon!!