Sunday, April 13, 2008

HOORAY for warmth, bottles, and of course the Office!!


I was so excited to finally see some good weather this weekend! It's about freakin time! It was a long, long, long winter! But we took full advantage of the sunny skies and played outside all weekend.



I know noone ever thinks your kid is as cute as you do, but he is such a stud! I have to post some pics of Thatch in his soccer gear that we put him in for the first time yesterday. I played soccer for a long time and wanted to show him some mad skills. He is totally a natural! His first game is next Saturday and he is so excited, he is going to rock the soccer field. (I'm fully aware that once the game starts none of them will have any idea what they're doing and it will be a fun 45 minutes of kids falling and running into each other) But I think it's worth the money to get him to run around for two hours a week and drain his energy.








No this is not an illusion, Luke is weaned and taking a bottle!! Oh happy day! I never thought it would happen after trying for weeks and weeks and getting nothing but resistance. He is one stubborn boy. But Tuesday morning, it finally happened. He gave in after just a couple hours of starvation. He actually caved a lot sooner than I thought he would!






A whole new world has opened up! I no longer have to take hours out of my day nursing. I can fix him a bottle and he can feed himself. I decided that bottles are the best thing ever! Why it has taken me so long to realize this I will never know. All I know is that I am a changed person because of them.


Who wasn't excited about the new episode of the Office?!? Mat and I have been lovingly referring to each other as "Babe" ever since that episode... oh the crazy antics of Michael and Jan.

I wait with great anticipation for the following shows each week... American Idol, Biggest Loser, The Office, and LOST. I don't even feel so pathetic now with the blessed invention of the Tivo! My life doesn't have to revolve around tv schedules anymore, I can watch them all at my leisure. This probably doesn't make me less pathetic... just pathetic with a little more time.

There is a really funny show on FX that my brother in law alerted us to called 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.' Its hilarious, but offends everyone. So if you are offended easily I wouldn't recommend it...

3 comments:

The Garners said...

Oh, look at little Thatcher in his soccer clothes. Get ready for 10 little boys bunching and running around the soccer ball and not actually accomplishing ANYTHING!

Now, granted, Will is a bit of a sissy in this department. But he was upset because a boy came up and kicked the ball away from him and didn't say please or excuse me.

And when he finally had a chance to kick it, he stopped...and tried to cast a magic spell on it. That's right, my son the soccer star!

And congrats on the weaning. I tried the whole "mamma cow" thing with both kids...but apparently my milking machine is defective. I'd love to send it back. But they said I needed a receipt! What a sucky return policy!

Kantos Kan said...

Hey, Thatcher looks cute in his soccer gear! You know I coached a season of soccer for about his age just after graduating H.S. It was the most fun I ever had. Practice consisted of about five minutes of soccer then the rest of the time playing ring around the rosies, red-light-green-light and me getting the grass out of my shirt! Fun times- Anyways, good luck Thatcher!

P.S.- Anyone know where I can get a bonfire scented candle???

The Garners said...

So...I just wanted to tell you that we went out to dinner with some "friends" last night, and we had a great time.

I really wanted to tell them thanks for going, but I'm not sure how to get a hold of them.

I think you might know them...if you see them will you tell them hi from us??

Thanks.
Love, On the Down Low Friendships.com