Monday, September 22, 2008

Moving!!


Well, hoping to be! We have officially listed our house and are now just playing the waiting game to see if anyone likes it enough to buy it.


Just getting our house ready to put up for sale was a chore in itself. We bought a storage unit to put some things in to make our house look a little less cluttered and lot more enticing. We thought we'd only have a few things to put in there... now of course its almost full. If you ever want to know how much crap you have, think about moving! It becomes apparent sooner than you'd hope.


I also noticed that I should probably clean our little stove inserts. I debated for a while on how much effort it would actually take to get them to look good and then decided that it wasn't worth it... Do they sell new ones that I can just buy?!?


Moving is definitely not on my top ten favorite things to do, but it is a necessity unfortunately! When we first moved into our house we thought it was huge and had tons of space. Now 2 1/2 years later we are tightly crammed with one additional child and no place to expand.


So... if anyone lives in a cute neighborhood that has any houses for sale by them, let us know! (that would of course entail us living by you though, so think it over!)

7 comments:

Molly L. Phillipps said...

What! Why were you saying that you had nothing to write about?! And why didn't you volunteer this information during our last phone conversation!? Good Luck, and keep me posted.

The Garners said...

What the crap!? Yes, we have houses for sale. And yes, they're split level 1970's pieces of CRAP! But you would live by us!! It's all about priorities!

And yes, stove inserts...buy away! Pretty sure if I'd clean mine regularly, they'd stay clean. But I'm a crappy housekeeper, and so...every 3 or 4 years...Brand new oven! Yeah! They're totally cheap too. And they come in silver and black. (And the black ones show way less crud...just a head's up!)

Good luck with your house, keep us posted!

Mj said...

Moving?! Where to?! The stove inserts that they sell are cheap, like $2 bucks a piece, so definitely worth it! As for how much stuff you realize you have when moving, yeah, we filled a 22 foot moving truck, top to bottom with absolutely no space left for anything else! At least moving helps clean things out a bit! Good luck with selling your house, I know it's a tough market!

Shelly said...

Just bail out. I have left a full set of Xmas lights on every house we've ever lived in. I live in kind of a rough neighborhood, some of the neighbors are really sketchy, but you may want to think it over...
xoxox Aunt Shelly

Lisa said...

Long time no see huh? I heard that you were in the market because we are as well. If you are interested, check out our listing...MLS#822406.

Kantos Kan said...

What! You're moving? I need to talk to your people more often than I do. If you need someone to sell your house I can recommend somebody. Some kid I knew in High School. Where are you moving to? Just stay out of Japan. This here is my territory!

Sheri said...

There is a darling house right next door. It would be perfect, of course you would have to move to Spokane, but just think of all the games we could play. Dave and I think it is a fabulous idea!!!!!We have a darling neighborhood and the houses are brand new. Good Luck with the selling and the moving!