Monday, March 30, 2009

I want to move to St. George

I can't even talk about the cold snowy weather....  :{    
If only we lived in constant warmth!! Oh what a life that would be.....

Our trip to Sunny and Warm St. George, oh how I miss you already

Hiking with the boys

Thatcher with my Dad

A random girl at the top of the Dixie Rock wanted to show Thatcher a lizard she had caught
Hiking with the fam....my dad and sister Jen shared in the fun times
Is it sad that I once went through these narrow rocks without any stuggle at all??
Luke didn't even know how much fun he was having, but it was a lot!


We found this really cool trail by my grandma's house that we went rollerblading on. It goes along riverside drive and clear out to Bloomington I guess. It was so pretty!
I could barely keep up, Mat is so speedy on those rollerblades!

It was much harder for me to push AND try to rollerblade at the same time



This is the first time we'd been to the sand dunes, it was awesome!
The boys loved it
Thatcher and Luke of course only had enough energy for one way.... they got to be carried on the return trip. Thanks daddy!


We found this fun restaurant called Pirate Island that we ate in the last night. Thatcher was so excited, he loves pirates! (hence the name of our blog address, in case you wondered why we chose that ridiculous one!)  It was all pirate themed, the waiters were dressed as pirates, they had a huge arcade to play in..... but the food.....the food was not good!! I think  in most themed restaurants this is the case, sometimes you get lucky, but we were not.

This is how we entertained ourselves on the long drive home.... thanks sour gummy worms.




8 comments:

The Garners said...

I'm gonna have to state that the gummy worm pics...are sorta freakin' me out. But whatever entertains 'ya! One time on the way home from St. George, Patrick dared me to hold my arms straight out in front of me as long as I could. It sounds stupid, but by the end...I was near tears. (he was too...but it was because he was laughing so hard)

I'm so glad you went to the sand dunes. We think they're so much fun. The kids always love them. I went there as a kid, and I love taking my kids there too.

The rollerblading and hiking is just entirely too much activity for me. But good for you!

Buck & Ashley Higgs said...

Totally love the photos! We are heading down south for spring break and I am not sure if I am excited to get out of the cold weather or to just have a break!

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Thatcher's hiked up socks are cool. Your boys are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun!! I am so the opposite. Give me snow any day of torturous heat and red rock. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, that was supposed to say over not of. I really need some sleep. :)

Chanda said...

You're awesome Ap-er-el. Thanks for the comment. I'm glad I'm not the only one stressing about K, for heaven's sakes!

Sheri said...

Okay, I am ready for Spring or Summer or anything but this cold wet stuff. St. George sounds wonderful! It looks like a great trip and I am really going to try sour gummy worms on my next road trip, thanks for the travel tip.

Chrissy said...

I have to say, your boys are so lucky to have fun parents like you guys!