Sunday, May 25, 2008

May is the month for Birthdays!!

May 25
Today is my Grandpa Hutchings birthday and I wanted to give him a little birthday tribute. He would be 77 today! He died almost 4 years ago in a car accident driving from St. George to Salt Lake to visit the family and we all miss him so much.


He was such an amazing person. He was completely selfless and his family always came first. He lived to make his family happy and he was such a huge part of all of our lives.



I think this is my favorite picture of me and my grandpa. I remember him always taking us for rides in the car and buying us ice cream. He was always singing and a couple of the songs I remember him singing were 'Who is That Doggy in the Window' and 'Take Me Out to The Ballgame'.


He was there for graduations, weddings, sporting events, good times, bad times, almost every memory I have growing up involves my grandpa.


I love you Grandpa and miss your cute smile and warm hugs.





MAY 24
Happy Birthday to my big sister Jen! I found this just today while looking through some other pictures and thought it was so funny! I have no idea when it was taken, but I remember making those scary faces... actually, don't you still make those all the time?


Ten things I love about Jen:

She is the most generous person I know
She is very selfless
She knows how to make me laugh until I cry
She knows everything anyone could possibly want to know about Jewelry
She is an expert with make up as well
She is always there when you need her
She makes the best chocolate chip cookies
She tries to make everyone happy
She loves my kids and is a great aunt
She is an amazing big sister










MAY 31

Happy Birthday to my step-dad Pat. He doesn't get a lot of recognition, and doesn't like to be in pictures, so I had a hard time finding one of him. He is also very generous and would do anything for anyone. He has done so much for us and is so cute with the grandkids. He always wants the whole family to be together and is so great at making that happen. We love you and appreciate you very much!






And finally I want to give a big happy birthday to four of my best buddies, all of whom I have known since Jr. High... going on 17 years!! These girls all have birthdays in May, within 9 nine days of each other, so it makes them easy to remember :)






This fun picture was taken in 9th grade at Lagoon.







May 23

Katie who could forget those awesome prom dresses! We always had so much fun together and no matter how much time has gone by we can pick up right where we left off! We will accomplish our goal of running a marathon together, if it takes us until we are 50!


May 31

Kris we have had some awesome times! We could always be silly together and I'm so glad we live so close and can still hang out all the time.

May 28

Rachel has always been the crazy one! She is hilarious and now lives in Colorado so far away! But don't forget we are planning to celebrate the big 3-0 with everyone when you come to visit in June!

May 22
Sadie I love that we still see each other often and can reminisce about the good old days. You are still as spunky as ever!



This last one is from my wedding shower with the girls

I love you guys and hope you all have a great 30th Birthday! We are now officially old but still have the best years ahead!

5 comments:

The Garners said...

Look at you with your "scanned photo" tribute entry!! Fancy!! I'm always jealous of people who stay friends with people from High School. It means you were such a good friend that they will continue knowing you long term. (Which pretty much solidifies that I suck, since I'm not really friends with any of those people!)

And your cute grandpa...I love those!

Nice b-day tribute post. You're the nicest gal in town.

PS..Seinfeld tickets are PRICEY!! Should we still try? It's June 27th. (I think) Check the Allred calander/pocketbook and let me know!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures...even though I don't know any of these people. :)
Are you related to a Jake Hutchings?
Just wondering...

Blondie said...

I love those pics of your fam and us girlies! Happy Birthday to Everyone!!

Moores said...

ohhh, look how cute you are to remember all of our birthdays. I totally remeber that pic of us. It seems just like yesterday :) Our senior trip to Vegas...it was wild!
Thanks for being such a good friend. I still need to give you those pictures from Mexico. Are we on for next year too?

Jenn said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the birthday tribute. That was so sweet and thoughtful. I loved the one on grandpa too. It makes me miss him even more! I love you. Thanks for making my 32nd birthday special!!