Thursday, February 14, 2008

BOO for Winter!!


This is the scene outside of our house. We couldn't open our front door this morning because of all the snow piled up against it. I am done with winter! This winter has been hard for me and I don't know if it's because I am now a stay at home mom and find it hard to be cooped up inside the house for reasons beyond my control. I used to be an avid snowboarder and would welcome the winter and the powder it brought to the mountains for my enjoyment. Now it is more of a hinderance than anything else, its a big task to get the kids all bundled up just to go for a ride to the store or the library. We stay indoors most days and I think doing so may be hazardous to your health, at least it should be for your sanity. You can only do so many puzzles, play so many games of trouble, read so many books. I am anxiously awaiting warmth and sunshine and going back to the activities I have been longing for. I love rollerblading with my jogging stroller along the Jordan Parkway, pushing Thatcher in the swings at the playground, going out for a run in shorts!! I hope the dreariness ends soon...


I wish this was me...

I have decided to train for the half marathon that is coming up in April and Mat, with just a tiny bit of pleading from me, decided to train as well. He hates to run but is actually really good at it. So I just can't wait to start training outside instead of on the dreaded treadmills.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sara said...

Hi April! So glad to hear from you and see your blog. Yay! I'll be sure to check back often to keep in touch. Your boys are adorable and they've gotten so big since I last saw pictures! I'm bummed we didn't get together before we moved to MO. Dangit!

Good job training for the 1/2 Marathon. I am trying to get back into running, too, but the weather has been soooooooo frigid that I haven't done much for a week or so. *sigh* I canNOT run on the treadmill (plus we don't have a membership anywhere) so I'm really hoping for some warmer weather, too. I'm D-O-N-E w/ winter.

Bookmark my blog and we'll keep in touch! :)

Sara

The Garners said...

April,
Of course I remember you guys! I am however, embarassed because I think I was a bit onry! (early puking in pregnancy will make you that way!) But I am now a much nicer person, we should all get together again! Thanks for your note, I just love blogging...and snooping...as you can tell.

Plus, I found out that one of my friends went on a date with your husband in high school! Small world!
Lara

Anonymous said...

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!
I wish you were here to scrapbook with too. And besides, it was like 60 degrees today and sunny. You have to love the south!! :) You're more than welcome to come for a visit if you want to escape the cold. JD is really jealous of your snow.

Belnaps said...

April,

Your kids are absolutely adorable. We need to get together soon!!!

Jamie B.